Thursday 3 May 2012

Life Drawing

 Thought I'd upload some more life drawing bits and pieces.

Copic marker and pen (from a life drawing session in Oxford a couple of weeks ago). Again, this was a large one so I had to take a photo:




These were drawn with the Wacom Inkling - I did the first two at Dr. Sketchy's in Birmingham, and the last was at the same life drawing session as before:


It was nice to get a proper go with the Inkling, and I'm really impressed with it so far. If you haven't heard of it, it's a sensor that clips on to the top of your drawing pad, with another sensor fitted in its special pen. It picks up the signal when you draw, much like with a regular drawing tablet (including pressure sensitivity) and you can even make new layers by pressing a button on the sensor. The sensor then plugs into the PC and you can import the layers to Photoshop or Illustrator, replay the drawings and even split it into more layers. It's a really nice tool for cutting out the scanning process, and the pen is light and feels just like a normal biro, only a little bit chunkier to hold.

Apart from the fact that I have to make sure I don't cover the sensors (I tend to hold pens/pencils quite low down and have long nails) drawing with it feels totally natural, and the results are pretty much spot on. At some point I'll have to try drawing something with it that isn't just a quick pose, and see how it handles that.



No comments: